Work with Folly Enterprises
job: social media coordinator
Love wine? Love social media communications?
Wine Folly is the internet’s leading wine education startup. We produce trusted and authentic wine information for the world. We’re looking for a passionate individual to help maintain and grow Wine Folly’s brand presence online.
The mission of the Social Media Coordinator is to grow Wine Folly’s influence and interaction on social media channels. Growth will be accomplished through the creation of ongoing, consistent, thoughtful, timely, and contextual content. Additionally, this role is the first point of contact with Wine Folly’s core audience.
The right person will be passionate and empathetic, but they will also possess a keen attention to detail and be a great planner. This individual will have a rare combination of writing and visual skills.
Here is a great example:
Core responsibilities include:
- Create unique social content storylines based on Wine Folly’s content tied into contextual and/or current events
- Source or create timely content for Wine Folly’s social media platforms
- Display an intuitive understanding of the Wine Folly voice and visual style
- Write compelling call-to-actions that drive traffic to key locations
- Schedule content in advance and track metrics
- Connect with followers and manage daily interactions on all accounts
- Systematically analyze other successful accounts and new techniques to iteratively improve performance
- Take new digital media (photos, video, design) and edit past digital media for translation onto various channels
- Repurpose and refine Wine Folly content for various social platforms
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience creating and scheduling social media, PR, or marketing campaigns
- Excellent verbal communication
- Excellent english writing skills
- Examples of photography, video, and design work
- Confident with google spreadsheets
- A degree in communications, business, and/or design
- Excellent organization and communication skills
We are looking for a highly motivated, intelligent, and creative professional to help drive our social media content. This person will show their ability to strategize and become more effective. If you’re a social media badass (like the individual in the video above!), then we can’t wait to meet you!
Why Join Folly Enterprises?
Folly Enterprises are the people behind Wine Folly (winefolly.com) and Global Wine Database (gwdb.io). We are a group of driven, creative people making amazing products for both wine consumers and the industry at large.
Working with Folly is unique, we are a remote team located in Seattle, Calgary, San Diego, Atlanta, and London. We connect daily on video chat, but most of our best work comes out of independent focus. Being a global team allows us to have a flexible work environment. We’re focused on producing compelling user experiences and having a significant impact on the wine industry.
About Folly Enterprises
Connecting people to wine. Through online discovery, people connect with the stories and people who are making great wines. Wine Folly offers educational products, engaging content, and a web portal to a progressive, knowledge-driven wine culture.
Global Wine Database is a platform for wine data. Specifically, accurate wine information sourced directly from wine producers globally. Accurate information helps the industry at every level from farm to table.
For consideration, please fill in the form below.