The Empire State is making waves – Wine Folly Releases New York Wine Region Guide
Sept 14, 2022
SEATTLE, Sept 14, 2022 - Wine Folly, the leading digital wine education platform, has announced the launch of the New York State Wine Region Guide, the first comprehensive digital guide to the New York wine region.
This 9th wine region guide showcases the state of New York with over 400 wineries. All participating wineries are now directly benefiting from Wine Folly’s consumer reach of over 20 million wine consumers globally.
3500 wineries have been featured in Wine Folly Wine Region guides thus far.
“Wine Folly Wine Region Guides are the best way for consumers to discover new wine regions and wines,” said David Gluzman, CEO of Wine Folly. “We’re very excited to share New York State as the latest wine region added to Wine Folly as we continue to expand this modern way to learn about wine regions and their wines.”
Valerie Ross, Director of Programs & Marketing, New York Wine & Grape Foundation said “We are so proud to see the New York Wine Region Guide launched today! Thanks to Wine Folly and our partners at Long Island Wine Country and Discover Long Island for making this possible. We look forward to introducing New York’s distinct regions to Wine Folly’s worldwide audience of passionate wine enthusiasts.”
Fun facts about New York
- 35,000 acres (14,100 ha) are under vine
- Concord, which is native to North America, is the most planted grape variety.
- Riesling is the most planted Vitis vinifera grape.
- There are over 400 wineries in New York state.
- From New York City, you can be in two different wine regions in under two hours.
- Latitude in New York ranges from 40-45°N; Bordeaux has a latitude of 44°N.
- Indigenous peoples of the Americas have inhabited New York for over 10,000 years.
- New York has 11 different AVAs.
- The longest continuously running winery in America is in New York.
Despite being the 27th largest state, New York is one of the largest producers of wine after California and Washington state. And despite being just 330 miles (530 km) north to south and 283 miles (455 km) east to west, New York has 11 different AVAs and a unique range of grape varieties, climates, and histories.
Wine Folly has one more Wine Region Guide releasing in 2022 and is currently finalizing their line up for 2023 and 2024.
Wine Folly Region Guides
- New York
- Margaret River
- Walla Walla Valley
- Napa Valley
- Alto Adige
- Paso Robles
Links and assets
Solutions for the modern world of wine
It is our passion, drive, and folly to serve our industry as stewards of information and advocate for wine in our future.